I saw the cookies first, and knew I had to make pimiento cheese so I could make the cookies. I’m a sucker for crackers, crisps, biscuits, ect- especially when Sweet meets Savory! These cookies are delicious- if you prefer substitute the strawberry preserve for another- raspberry or lingonberry would be great! You could even use your basic grape jelly- who doesn’t love cheese and grapes!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup refrigerated pimento cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
1. Beat together flour and pimento cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 1 minute. Add pecans and butter; beat until blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; chill 2 hours.
3. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
This recipe is from Pawley’s Island Specialty Foods, Palmetto Cheese, Pawley’s Island, SC. Found in Southern Living.