I love soup in the fall weather, warm and satisfying. This is one of my favorites- Chicken Noodle meets China Town. The flavors are layered so well and seems to hit all notes. Pretty easy and pretty tasty…a win!
- 60 oz chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut in 8 slices
- 3/4 pound raw boneless chicken breasts, cut in thin 3-inch-long strips
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (or white button mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 oz rice noodles (I used an individual packet like Ramen, but left out the seasoning)
Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, Sriracha sauce, lime juice, and ginger and boil 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss raw chicken with cornstarch until completely coated. Add chicken and shitakes to broth and simmer 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in tomatoes and noodles. Top with cilantro and Sriracha sauce. Let soup stand 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Happy Fall! Happy Eats!