I have an admission to make- I like canned cranberry jelly, ridges and all. This is how I grew up-which is probably why I am ok with having the good old sliced cranberry jelly every so often. HOWEVER- as long as time permits, I would much rather make my own cranberry relish or chutney. This year’s planning session led me to find a recipe in Southern Living featuring a Cranberry Salsa, which I knew must be great being that all things “salsa” are always delicious. It’s the cilantro I love, not to mention usually there are chips, and maybe a cerveza. This is a great alternative to a typical relish, or even the lovely canned cranberry jelly!
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 navel orange, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Pulse cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Pulse orange zest and next 5 ingredients in food processor 3 to 5 times or until orange, ginger, and pepper are finely chopped. Stir into cranberries; cover and chill 2 before serving.
You can chop everything by hand or use a blender if you are without a food processor or time!
From start to finish it took me about 15 minutes- super easy!
8 thoughts on “Cranberry Salsa!”
Do I have to wait till Thanksgiving to try some?
Yum – cranberry salsa! I too love cranberry jelly with fresh can-ridges. Haha. But you are right, add a little cream cheese and some crackers, and you would have an awesome appetizer!
this looks great for sandwiches!
i love the idea of cranberry salsa! great recipe 🙂
Yum! This sounds amazing! I want to go buy some cranberries right this second and give this a try!
Oh my! Although Thanksgiving is not a major celebration in the UK… I’m definitely looking into this recipe for a pre-Christmas dinner nibble! 😀 Yummy. Thank you!
I have some leftover cranberries sitting in my fridge. I think I’ve just found the perfect use for them. Thank you!!