Another dessert dip- options are good!
Key Lime Pie is my favorite “non chocolate“ dessert, I love the zip of the little key limes!
Key Lime Pie Dip
Key limes are much smaller (ping-pong to golfball-sized) than Persian limes, nearly spherical, thin-skinned, and often contain a few seeds. Green key limes are actually immature fruits, prized for their acidity. As they ripen to a yellow color, the acid content diminishes greatly, resulting in a sweeter fruit
When you can’t get actual key Limes the juice makes a great substitute- just get some fresh limes to be able to include zest!
Some of my favorite ingredients!
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 6 graham cracker halves, crumbled
- Zest on 1 Lime
- Beat milk and cream cheese together until fluffy. Add in lime juice and incorporate.
- In a different bowl, whip the heavy cream and sugar together until you have firm peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, add graham cracker and lime zest and gently combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve! Fresh fruit, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, chocolate dipped pretzels all are great to serve with dip!
Serves about 10 friends.
A Florida Must Have!
You can use light cream cheese to if you aren’t forgoing your diet today! 🙂
Quick, Easy and Tasty
Wish everyone a safe and happy Super Bowl Sunday!!
I was born a Steelers Fan- actually born into a Steelers family, with both my parents growing up in Pittsburgh. So I have enjoyed many Super Bowl Sunday’s- some with victories and some with bitter defeats. Either way it is always a fun day that I look forward to every year! Super Bowl Sunday is not just for football fans- nope, it’s a day that even the most annoyed wives can enjoy, if not the commercials or the half time show then they definitely can enjoy the food! The best part, if the Steelers aren’t playingJ.
We plan for weeks, discussions of grilling, sandwich making and pizza assembling. We coordinate who will bring what, hopefully avoiding 5 bowls of salsa! Magazines are filled with ridiculously tempting pictures of food, tempting enough that you wish that photograph of wings was a scratch and sniff.
Speaking of too many bowls of salsa, or a bowl of onion dip, spinach dip, ranch dip, and Grandma’s dip (are there ever too many, I’m really not so sure). One kind of dip that has never graced any Super Bowl Party I have been to is dessert dips….What!!!
Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookie Dough Dip
This is so quick and easy- when I say easy, I mean- Mom, you can do this! Not to mention how terribly good it is, eat it with a spoon type of good!
I was inspired by Robyn at In a Pinch– I was floored actually!
All stuff that you can find in your pantry!
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup English Toffee bits
Who doesn't love cookie dough?
- Mix cream cheese, butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add vanilla and remaining chips and bits.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers, pretzel sticks or apples
Serves about 12 friends!
Promise...No one else will bring a dessert dip!
Perfect to serve at half time!
One bite is not enough!
Yeah…so good it hurts….