Another dessert dip- options are good!
Key Lime Pie is my favorite “non chocolate“ dessert, I love the zip of the little key limes!
Key limes are much smaller (ping-pong to golfball-sized) than Persian limes, nearly spherical, thin-skinned, and often contain a few seeds. Green key limes are actually immature fruits, prized for their acidity. As they ripen to a yellow color, the acid content diminishes greatly, resulting in a sweeter fruit
When you can’t get actual key Limes the juice makes a great substitute- just get some fresh limes to be able to include zest!
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 6 graham cracker halves, crumbled
- Zest on 1 Lime
- Beat milk and cream cheese together until fluffy. Add in lime juice and incorporate.
- In a different bowl, whip the heavy cream and sugar together until you have firm peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, add graham cracker and lime zest and gently combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve! Fresh fruit, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, chocolate dipped pretzels all are great to serve with dip!
Serves about 10 friends.
You can use light cream cheese to if you aren’t forgoing your diet today! 🙂
Wish everyone a safe and happy Super Bowl Sunday!!